When: 3rd Saturday of each month; 2:00 PM – 4:30 PM (Subject to change)
Location: Greenberg Hall, 545 First Avenue, Room 5N, across the street from the main entrance of Langone Medical Center; close to 30th Street (Location also subject to change. Check with contact first.)
Contact: Michael DeMarsico at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a group of patients, caregivers and advocates whose lives have been touched by MSA. This group offers a setting where we can all feel comfortable to:
- Learn from each other’s experience with managing symptoms and different disease treatments
- Talk openly to others who are struggling with some of the same questions and challenges caused by MSA
- Share our struggles and successes openly
- Help each other find the tools and strength to fight this disease
- Inspire each other
- Just come by and listen without pressure to participate
It is rare when a group of people are willing to share so openly and personally, but this is how we try to fight this rare disease.
The best neurologists cannot answer some of the questions about living day-to-day with this disease. Our group, through collective experiences, helps answer those caregiving questions that may go beyond a doctor’s experience with MSA. Also, through discussions about what medication works and doesn’t, what types of treatment work and what does not, you may find something to discuss with your doctor that may benefit you.